Book an appointment online
You will be asked questions to assess your symptoms and offered online advice.
Your assessment will be sent through to the practice and we will book an appropriate appointment for you, or complete your admin request.
What is eConsult?
eConsult can be used to ask for health advice, to check your symptoms, and to sort out administrative issues. You can submit your symptoms or health concern or request to your practice electronically, and can get round the clock NHS self-help information, signposting to services, and a symptom checker. You can also submit a request on behalf of someone else, such as a child or someone you care for.
eConsult has been built by NHS GPs for NHS patients, designed to enhance patient access, improve practice responsiveness and signpost patients to the right place at the right time for their care.
How does eConsult work?
eConsult is easy for patients and practices
eConsult lets you consult with your NHS GP online by completing a quick form that is sent and reviewed by the practice. You can also be directed to patient self-help, pharmacy advice and local self-referral services.
What happens to my eConsult?
When you submit an eConsult, our team of clinicians and non-clinicians assess the information and allocate your eConsult to the clinician or person most appropriate to help you with the problem described. This may be a GP, Nurse, Pharmacist, Physiotherapist or another member of the practice team, depending on the problem. Some eConsults that are simple administration requests are dealt with by our admin team. Your eConsult is actioned within the agreed timescales by the clinician or person it has been allocated to, and a response sent directly to you either by email, text message or phone call. If a clinician feels you need to be seen at the practice, you will be contacted to make an appointment.
You'll wonder how you did without it
- Patients may not need a trip to the surgery and their query may be resolved with a phone call, or text confirmation.
- Medical advice is available 24/7 even when the practice is closed – Patients can check their health symptoms online and receive on the spot medical advice and treatment guidance thanks to NHS content.
- You can submit a request on behalf of someone else, such as a child or someone you care for.
- Patients will get a response from their own NHS GP practice by the end of the next working day or sooner.
- Access wherever and whenever patients want from any device. Unlike a telephone call patients can complete an eConsult at a pace that suits them.
- Patients can request sick notes and request administrative queries without the need for an appointment, saving patient and practice time.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.