Self Care: Hay Fever
Do you have hay fever?
Speak to your pharmacist about how they can support you to self care in line with new NHS England guidance.
What can you do to help?
You can do things to ease your symptoms when the pollen count is high:
- Put petroleum jelly (e.g. Vaseline®) around your nostrils and wear wrap around glasses to stop pollen getting into your nose and eyes
- Shower and change your clothes after you have been outside to wash the pollen off.
- Stay indoors as much as possible and keep windows and doors shut as much as possible.
- Vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
When should I see a GP?
- If you are experiencing wheezing, breathlessness or tightness in your chest
- If your condition is not improving after using an over the counter medicine as directed in combination with measures to reduce your exposure to pollen.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.